POLICIES OF THE EARL MARSHAL OF ĘTHELMEARC
POLICIES FOR CUT & THRUST COMBAT
To download the Complete
To download the Complete Policies Click Here- Adobe PDF .
I. THESE POLICIES ARE IN ADDITION TO SOCIETY LAW AND POLICY AND TO THE AETHELMEARC RAPIER POLICIES. IN THE CASE OF ANY DISCERPANCY, SOCIETY POLICY TAKES PRECEDENCE.
II. Armor Requirements
A. Torso and Arm Armor
1. The clavicle must be protected by rigid material.
B. Groin/Breast Armor
1. Rigid breast protection for female fighters is highly recommended
C. Rigid protection for the wrist is required on both arms.
D. Rigid protection for the knees and elbows is required. (Winged cops or commercial hard plastic pads that have been augmented are suggested.)
III. Combat Conventions
A. Acknowledgment of blows
1. A demonstrations may be held which define areas of the body as if armored and to what degree so long as all the participants are made aware of these special conditions prior to the start of combat.
2. A fighter can still parry with a disabled arm.
1. All bouts must be supervised by a warranted Cut and Thrust marshal
2. Tournaments must be over seen by two-warranted Cut and Thrust marshals.
IV. Cut and thrust authorization process
A. Candidates must hold a current rattan or heavy rapier authorization from the kingdom of Ęthelmearc.
B. Prior to primary authorization a candidate may train with an Ęthelmearc warranted C&T marshal only.
C. There will be two authorizations for C&T combat in Ęthelmearc. Primary authorization - sword and buckler &Complete authorization - the remaining forms consisting of single sword, sword and dagger, sword and parry object, case of sword (two sword).
D. To successfully obtain a primary authorization for C&T combat the candidate must
1. Must be thoroughly familiar with the Ęthelmearc policies for Cut and Thrust.
2. The candidate must display controlled cuts and thrusts against a stationary target.
3. The candidate must show consistently safe levels of calibration and control in a bouting/free fight situation.
4. The candidate must display consistently safe, courteous behavior in a bouting/free fight situation.
E. The candidate is to be evaluated by two warranted Ęthelmearc C&T marshals.
F. The primary authorization enables the candidate to participate in C&T tournaments (with the sword and buckler form only) and to train in all other forms with other C&T authorized fighters to obtain a complete authorization.
G. To successfully obtain a complete authorization for C&T combat the candidate must
1. Be thoroughly familiar with the Ęthelmearc policies for Cut and Thrust.
2. The candidate must show consistently safe levels of calibration and control in a bouting/ free fight situation in the following forms
a. Single sword
b. Sword and Dagger
c. Sword and Parry Object
d. Case of sword (two sword)
H. The candidate is to be evaluated by two warranted Ęthelmearc C&T marshals
I. A participant must be at least 18 years of age in order to participate in any Cut and Thrust related activities.
V. Deputy for Cut and Thrust
A. Appointed by the Kingdom Rapier Marshal with the approval of the Kingdom Earl Marshal and the Crown.
B. The Deputy for Cut and Thrust shall enforce the policies of the Kingdom Rapier Marshal and the kingdom of Ęthelmearc.
C. The Deputy for Cut and Thrust shall warrant Cut and Thrust marshals at his/her discretion.
D. The Deputy for Cut and Thrust may revoke the warrant of any Cut and Thrust marshal for just cause. At that time, a report must be made to the Kingdom Rapier Marshal, who may set up a hearing on the subject if necessary.